A firm South African favourite. The perfect “infused” fudge recipe, right for any occasion. This is NOT how your momma makes it, though.
Word of warning, you might need to bake a banana bread after chomping these, to counter the munchies.
It’s a bit of a domino effect. Enjoy!
- 4 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 16 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line 13×9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan.
- Lightly butter the foil, or spray with Spray&Cook and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk in heavy 2 liter saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 17-20 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Then continue cooking, stirring constantly, 15-17 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 112°C. Alternatively, take a small amount of the mixture out and drop into a glass of room-temperature water. If you can take it out and form it into a ball, it has cooked for long enough.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in chocolate until melted.
- Stir in marshmallow fluff until well mixed and then add vanilla.
- Spread fudge into prepared pan and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Using a knife, cut out 5 centimeter squares, then refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Remove fudge from pan using foil ends. Break apart or cut using a knife.
[author_image timthumb=’on’] http://puffpuffpass.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/W-Widow_avatar_1390828483.jpg [/author_image]
White Widow loves making edibles and enjoys the lighter side of things. Be sure to check out all her recipes.